Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:05:09 -0500
From:         "Robert A. Alexander" <satcong@VOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Wesipes
Comments: To: trevor reid <skylight@HOME.CDOM>

Trevor - Uh, you know we have a fairly nice "oven" sitting back there in the back of our Vanagons! Not really sure just what the ambient temperature is in the engine box back there, but when I was in vet school at Auburn University, on the way back from Naples, FL, I wrapped a 5# Boston butt roast in multiple layers of aluminum foil, placed it in the engine box of my '62 VW Van and 12 hours later, when I got to Auburn, the damn thing melted in our mouths! Got the idea from my brother's in-laws, who used to drive all over Florida in their old pickup truck with a camper on the back. They used to stick roasts, chickens, potatoes, carrots, etc. up on the 390 Ford V8 in their truck whenever they'd head out for the next camp site.

As far as crock-pots go, the little one I have draws 4amps @120vac. I suppose, as long as one has a decent alternator in their Vanagon, one could just use one of the little cheap dc-ac inverters to run their small crock-pot while driving.

One thing about crock-pots, they are capable of turning a really BAD cut of dead animal flesh into something really delightful, if used properly!

BOB - WA4RRN '85GL "Bourgeoise"