Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Jan 1999 20:03:15 EST
From:         S Sittservl <Ssittservl@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: '81 westy fridge fuse holder
Comments: To: eyeofcompassion@HOTMAIL.COM
Comments: cc: SSittser@aol.com

Danny -

Hmmm, this is a new one on me. I'm no expert, but I've never heard of a Westfalia fridge with a fuse in its control panel. The only fuse arrangement I'm aware of is that there's a little black plastic box, about an inch square, on the base of the pillar just behind the driver's door. It has two German-style fuses in it - one for the pump, and one for the fridge. Red wires lead in and out of it.

What's the brand and model number of your fridge (probably printed inside the door)? Can you describe more about what the fuse holder you're looking for is like? The standard Westy fridge is a Dometic RM182A or RM182B. Do you have something different?

If you have an RM182 A or B, go to http://www.rv.com, click on "Publication search", and search for "RM182". You'll find some Dometic service manuals, some of which have drawings, parts lists, etc. that may be of some help to you.

-Steven Sittser