Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:37:40 -0800
From:         gerry rafferty <gerryr@DIRECT.CA>
Subject:      Re: '83 wasserboxer wiring harness melted!
Comments: To: "James, Daniel" <daniel.james@INTEL.COM>

I've seen this happen-wiring to fuel relay bare,insulation melted,shorting to other wires in harness.It would appear that where the harness runs across the back of the engine,in the right hand corner,it had fallen pass the heat shield onto the muffler.Made a real mess.Van had to be towed from Bellingham to Surrey BC. We got a harness from the wreckers for Cdn$120- put it in and van ran great (at least for 6 months when he slid down a icey hill into a car at the bottom-insurance company totaled the van as to expensive to repair).Point is,should go with another harness. GerryR -----Original Message----- From: James, Daniel <daniel.james@INTEL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Monday, February 01, 1999 11:27 AM Subject: '83 wasserboxer wiring harness melted!