Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Feb 1999 09:13:42 -0600
From:         Alan Bosch <arbosch@RA.ROCKWELL.COM>
Subject:      Sept. 18 & 19 get together?

Something I'd like to throw out to the general list...

I'm thinking of planning a Vanagon retreat, if you will, along the lines of Buses by the Tunnel, and similar events. The center piece event would be the National Warplane Museum air show, on Sept. 18 & 19, at the Corning - Elmira Regional Airport, near Elmira, NY.

The air show is an annual event that is a very well run display of vintage war birds from WWI, WWII, Korea, 'Nam, as well as present day military aircraft. For those not inclined to aviation history, there's the vineyards and wine cellars of the Finger Lakes Region of NYS an hours drive away, the city of Corning and it's excellent glass museum, Watkings Glenn, Ithaca (home to Cornell Univ.) and several other area attractions.

It's just a thought right now. But if enough Vanagoneers are interested, I will start the ball rolling. Please let me know your thoughts via p-mail.

Alan Bosch '88 Wolfsburg