Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Feb 1999 01:01:19 EST
From:         KENWILFY@AOL.COM
Subject:      Any interest in Vanagon Speakers?

After a lengthy discussion of speakers for the Vanagon a little while back I decided to check into getting some stock 4" speakers for the later model Vanagons. I now have a source for these speakers. They are just the stock 4 ohm Blaupunkt speakers that are black with the metal grille. I have 4 of these in my Carat (2 in rear and two in the doors) and the two front ones had a buzz from age or just being played too loud one time. I got the new ones which are VW factory replacements and have the VW/Audi badge on the back. They are exactly like the original speakers except instead of saying "Made in Germany" they say, "Made in Malaysia". I guess Blaupunkt must've move thier factory or something. Some people are probably wondering why you might want to put the stock speakers back in the van. Well you might be satisfied with them like I am (since I only listen to people speaking or classical or gospel music), or you could be selling the van and want to keep your expensive speakers and put these back in to plug up the holes. Whatever. I can sell these speakers for $6 each if anyone is interested. Just wanted to let you know. Ken Wilford Van-Again John 3:16