Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Feb 1999 10:00:50 -0800
From:         davidb <davidb@SKYBEST.COM>
Subject:      1984 Westy for Sale
Comments: To: VanagonVANAGONCOM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM>

I am the proud second owner of a Prime 1984 Westy. I find myself in a position to sell this wonderful vehicle. It is in mint condition! It is 9 on the outside and 9 on the inside. Everything works. Here are some of the particulars * Over the last 30,000 the suspension, shocks, and brakes have been redone One Battery (ready for spare) less than one year old.

* It has 6 ply Cooper radial tires (195X75X14) with less than 10,000

miles.

* Non leaking heads, never had any trouble. Previous owner (retired

couple) had engine rework at some 70,000mi. I have had nothing but great luck with engine. Just finished tuning it up. Occassionally, on cold mornings we have the usual rough idle. S&S muffler.

* Air conditioning system was converted to replacement freon (134a)

and is in great shape.

* I had it painted (original yellow-creame) original color a year ago. No rust anywhere. The body is beautiful. If I were to keep it I would replace the rear bumper. Some individual popped the bumper at a mall. It has slight curve. If I could catch them......

* Interior is great! All original carpet, always been matted so its perfect. This is a non-smoker vehicle! No tears rips etc. Interior water, refrigerator monitoring system works! Everything works!

* Sony 30X4 Stereo Receiver with Cassette and CD capabilities. 4 round 4.5" Polk speakers. Nice system!

* Refrig works on all three settings. I have all tables. Never wrecked to my knowledge.

* Mileage approx. 147,000.

* All manuals (original plus Bentley, Jacks and tools, plus numerous

spare parts.

** Price $4495.

Davidb