Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Feb 1999 00:02:09 -0600
From:         Carl Hansen <carl_hansen@IEEE.ORG>
Comments: To: SyncroSafari - Post <SyncroSafari@onelist.com>,
          SyncroList - post <Syncro@onelist.com>

umm, yeah. I'd be real interested. I know that in Germany, there are three versions of the shocks, each progressively better from the stock version we (USA) can get to the 16" Syncro version.

And I know that Peter is supposed to have done custom springs that work very well for the conditions that they were built.

But that knowledge is second hand or from the mouth of the seller. Testimonials from real users would be nice.

?????????INQUIRING MINDS REALLY, REALLY WANT TO KNOW.????????????

It would be nice to put the front end of SyncroBeast back together again. Getting tired of only one running vehicle for myself w/o a backup if it fails.

Ch '89 SyncroBeast Vanagon '87 16V GTI '80 850 Yamaha Special '87 16V GTI w/ hale damage - parting out - body gone, parts remain '89 16V GTI w/ toasted motor '86 Scirocco (8 valve w/ auto) - SO's - now w/ it's own hale damage

Prior Lake, MinneSnowta

<<SNIP ORIGINAL>> It seems no one in the U.S. has tried Peter's custom springs and shocks for the syncro. Have any of our European brethern tried them?

Like others over here, I am concerned that the springs may be too stiff for my tastes. I do not want my syncro to ride like a stiff 4wd off-raod setup jeep...if you know what i mean.

Thanks for any info. steve

[text/enriched]

umm, yeah. I'd be real interested. I know that in Germany, there are three versions of the shocks, each progressively better from the stock version we (USA) can get to the 16" Syncro version.

And I know that Peter is supposed to have done custom springs that work very well for the conditions that they were built.

But that knowledge is second hand or from the mouth of the seller. Testimonials from real users would be nice.

<center>?????????INQUIRING MINDS REALLY, REALLY WANT TO KNOW.????????????

</center>