Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Feb 1999 20:21:00 EST
From:         "(Christopher j.  Pierce)" <VolksMD@AOL.COM>
Subject:      I drove it! (engine swap info)

hey there,

Well, I guess that i found the ultimate in engine swaps. After driving the Eurospec 2.0 Gti conversion and seeing the whole operation (ie. Production and shipping facilities and the coveted van)and meeting Kyle Wade the guru behind the marketing, I think that all of you with any sort of inclination for an upgrade should stop right here. I have seen many different conversion Ideas like the 911 3.2l conversion by Martin Snieder, of MSDS, As I am a Porsche fan I thought that this would be "IT" but I found it to be too much motor and way too much $$$. as well as a trns. muncher. Then I have seen others like early Porsche engines. (hack jobs) and various V8's and V6's, wich I think are Blasphemous, American Euro-trash<<?? What are they thinking..! Eurospec Has the Ultimate answer, They have taken the O.E.M. VoSA Engineering Ideas and put a perfect power plant in the place of the SA 1.8,(wich I think would be a little underpowered) along with a great fit and made it work. Perfectly I might add. especially if you all work out the Financial side of it it is a very good idea. Have you ever wanted to pass that anoyying Family in that POS Chrystler Mini-van that has no idea what is going on or what the "passing lane" is, and finally when you get past them they only pass you again up a hill. Man I hate that. As I drove the vanagongti down the road, Well, I was having that feeling like boy I cant wait until they are in front of me on a hill.hmmhmmhmm. As Kyle showed us what the engine had for Balls he pulled on to the Highway at around 60mph noting the large truck coming up beside us then easily accelerating to a comfortable 85mph to pass all of the traffic on the Highway. I was thinking that a vanagon should have been made this way in the first place, but then they would have sold them to that annoying family with no clue and then we all wouldnt have anything to spend all of this time on. Thank you VW for your shortcomings, I love you for that. So in closing I am ecstatic about this new prospect, I am going to do the first order as soon as I get home. We (a collegue and I) will be installing the Conversions at our Shop in Vermont, and soon we will be one of the east coast installers. we will have a Wolfsburg to drive and a Syncro Camper both with the conversion.

Updates will follow.

Wow sorry to talk so much, as I look up.

Happy Motoring Chris 88 GL 87 syncro 1/2 camper 75 Westy 71 Westy 84 Partsvan