Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Feb 1999 07:18:02 -0800
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: I drove it! (engine swap info)5Cyl. commend
Comments: To: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>

Hello, Karl, nice sentiments. I do wonder what you are talking about in one regard. Most of the sailing, ballooning and bicycling enthusiasts I run into are very interested in upgrading their equipment. They often pay large sums for relatively minor improvements and the main limit is mostly financial. This is true of enthusiasts of every type. I'm know that Steve makes improvements to his Syncro and I suspect he did the same to his motorcycles, even the beloved BMW. This did not turn it into a Kawasaki.

Mark Drillock

Karl Wolz wrote: > > Yay Steve, > > Speedboats, Learjets, Kawasakis. > Sailboats, hot air balloons, bicycles. > > I prefer the latter in all cases and I like my Wasserboxer the way it is, > too. > > Karl Wolz > > -----Original Message----- > From: Steve <sxs@CONCENTRIC.NET> > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Date: Monday, February 08, 1999 11:57 PM > Subject: Re: I drove it! (engine swap info)5Cyl. commend > > >Am i the only one who likes the performance of the opposed cylinder engines > as > >opposed to the in-line engines? I like the wasserboxer....it cruises like > my BMW > >motorcycles of days gone by, anfd has been just as reliable (not a single > >breakdown or engine-related failure of any kind in 100k other than a water > >pump.)...although i guess i am very lucky on that score given all the > problems > >others have had. True, it is a dog, but i've gotten used to that and it > doesn't > >really bother me anymore....it will cruise at 75 mph fine on the freeway. > I've > >had it up to 90-something. 80 is no problem, but why in a 5000lb tank? I > surely > >understand why many want to upgrade...but am i the only nut who does > not...who > >actually likes the beast the way it is? > >steve >