Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:16:30 EST
From:         Jonathan Clay <Jonyqest22@AOL.COM>
Subject:      sparkless!!

Hey volks, Well...today in the parking lot of a LAPS ( no F included) she wouldn't turn over. all this after i changed the plugs, wired, cap, rotor, oil (10w 40 recomendation from listees..thanks), bosch filter. All this done by myself to get under the lid and learn something. Well she idled a bit off but was going to have someone..i.e prof. mech check her out..ya know do the full logistics. She's been running fine, always started for me even in the coldest of days here in the NE. She even went on a farely local test drive (2.0 round trip) to make everything kept.....it all did. Oil light stop coming on after hw speeds, cruise control fixed (leaking valves). This morning started off just as well, started up as easily as ever, let her warm up, and decided to a short hw trip to the LAPS, I'm excited about the cruise control, she ran perfect got to store and though about letting her idle to have music for my pooch (G.R-Aspen), ya know so she won't be lonely. Well, I decided to shut her down since I would be back soon (under 5 min) from getting my MiniVac. Well I came out and guess what.....she didn't turn over, she starts but there is no spark and no current to the ignition coil, nothing, and there fore nothing to the distributor (It does turn though). After realizing this and talked to a prof mechanic I cleaned of the ground under the coil, and a few on the engine thinking this would help still nothing. So now she's sitting outside my mechanics door awaiting her fate which is..... I don't really know where to tell him to look since i really have not experiece yet with this part of the system. Is there anything I should be concentrating on, or starting with i.e the ECU ,starter, etc. I can't believe something would just go like that is such a short time, a bit annoyed so any info ya'll can shout my way would be great LAps weren't helpful at all, had to drag someone out to start her to see if I was gettin a spark. and got a few chuckles at the type of vehicle I had......well when I saw the junker dough boy rolled into.....I couldn't help but laugh......to myself at the non vanagon he had, no character......MINES GOT MOXI!!!!

thanks jon 88 gl