Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Feb 1999 08:18:49 PST
From:         Robert Lilley <vwvanman@EXCITE.COM>
Subject:      Re: 5 speed trans
Comments: To: Budding Rose <ROSEBUD99@webtv.net>
Comments: cc: vanagon@vanagon.com

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:27:00 -0500 (EST), Budding Rose wrote:

> Bob - Could you tell me the trans you used and was it a simple bolt up > or did it need adapters etc? TIA Bud Yandell- Fl. >

It was a European five speed 094. All it needs to fit is a shortened front engine mount and some parts or all parts of a five speed linkage (yet to be determined. I am currently using my four speed - press down and pull back for first. The vanagon still needs to start out in first due to the 486 R&P. The syncro had a 586 R&P and did not need first to start out and used it for low speed pulling - "granny gear".

It simply bolted up, the cv joints fit perfectly, my shifter linkage, accessories, and starter (I did have to open the starter hole slightly, the european starter might be a little smaller).

Robert