Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Feb 1999 12:53:48 PST
From:         Mark McCulley <transporter99@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] Wheddle Engineering Lower Low Gear
Comments: To: drew@interport.net, Syncro@onelist.com

Derek,

Are you interested in a lower low gear to compensate for running larger diameter tires? Or are you wanting to climb some really steep inclines? Just curious...

On a related note, I installed 27-8.50-14 tires on my syncro this winter. They look great and I like the little bit of extra clearance, but I sure hate that I have to drop to 3rd to maintain freeway speed on relatively mild hills. I'm seriously considering going back to a more stock tire size as I don't do much serious off-roading.

Mark McCulley