Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:41:12 -0500
From:         "Joe L." <jliasse@TOAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Thanks for all the advice: re:need info on head leak
Comments: To: Peter Noto <peter_noto@BIGFOOT.COM>

Other than stock parts I know little about any alternative exhaust replacement parts. I replaced my exhaust a couple of years ago and got all my parts at a local junk yard. I lucked out and caught the guy a couple of days before he was going to mash the junked van. Got the entire exhaust system for $35 (minus the catylatic converter which is illegal to sell used). Pipes were in excelent shape. A couple of calls to some local junk yards may be worth your while. You too may luck out. Exhausts are a simple enough part to tell if they are in good shape or not and pulling them yourself will give you some practice on other people's vans before you get into your own.

Just a thought.