Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:13:22 -0500
From:         Robert Rountree <rountree@PLANETEER.COM>
Subject:      Re: vw lawyers {little actual content}
Comments: To: Rik Santos <afn18258@AFN.ORG>

VW spends an average of $150K to $250K for a 30 second commercial on TV.... they also hire PR firms, that get Big Bucks, looking for any opportunity to get their clients products past your eyes... I.E. .. if I get in touch with VW, they put me in touch with someone who will supply me with a car of my choice to have in my film production,... this is very common now... I have always used borrowed props in my commercial work.... I also us a very talented woman, who can get these things for me and has the most impeccable taste and art direction in finding just what my client & myself ask for (more like demand :^)..... In the advertising biz.... there is an axiom... for every 1 letter of complaint, there are 100 who share the same experience but wouldn't write.... If it were made clear to VW that their BULLYING tactics, are a very negative corporate image as opposed to diplomacy, and negotiations in good faith... and that this matter would make an excellent e-mail to all media campaign.. I'm sure.... that the company VW Audi... would become much more intelligent and less aggressive in their approach.... Just the Idea (which I think is a good symbol) of people defacing their VW products over VW's aggressive stance... would make for very graphic NEGATIVE PR...... in the commerce of life..... there are drivers with emblems and drivers without......... Drivers Wanted...(preferably with emblems)

-----Original Message----- From: Rik Santos >personally, i don't like this whole 'give up your domain' threat that >David is going through...but if they want to persue it, fine. out of >spite, i'm willing to remove any vw logo (the front emblem, vanagon gl >plastic thingy and westfalia stickers, did i miss anything?) from my van >and send it to them in a little shoebox with a note explaining why. i >know it'll still be a westy (and ergo a volkswagen) but if i can >convince some of you to do it as well....in addition to not needing list >member stickers, we just might send a message. > >amen? > >Rik >