Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:47:45 +0100
From:         Max Fenner <max.fenner@BERLIN.DE>
Subject:      Re: speaking of POLO! great spin off...
Comments: To: Robert Rountree <rountree@planeteer.com>

---------- >From: "Robert Rountree" <rountree@planeteer.com> >To: "Max Fenner" <max.fenner@BERLIN.DE>, <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> >Subject: Re: Re: speaking of POLO >Date: Thu, Feb 25, 1999, 2:37 AM >

>-----Original Message----- >From: Max Fenner >> >>As to the VW issue, just ask yourself:"Is it really my right to run a >>webpage called Volkswagen.com >>only because you were there first" >> >>I don't think so. > >Lets ask this question...... is it really someone's right to get a patent >because they were there first?.... Yes, see patent laws. Hey you are not going to tell me it is not Albert to be credited but you since you heard about his theories in 10 th grade and you did comprehend part of his thought? is it really an author's right to his >words because he wrote them first?....

Of course, I write the book and you copy it does it becomes "public domain" ?

is it really a song writers right to >a song because they sang it first?...... Yes,Sir.... I put it to you.... THIS IS ALL >ABOUT, WHO'S FIRST..... ...thats vaguely the concept of intellectual property

if not then the next time you buy tickets for a game >& go to your seats and someone is in them, don't you dare tell them to get >up from YOUR seats, they were there first.......

And that's a screw-up by one ticket agent selling the tickets twice !

Dave BOUGHT his domain....

NO, he paid to register it ! see the difference ? >If VW wants it, they can buy it.... they have no problem charging $40k for a >car or $80hr for labour...Sometimes you blow an engine... sometimes you miss >an opportunity... In both cases you have to pay for your mistake

It's not THEY, and that is my point all along (and you get a lot of car for your $ and still less than the mercedes, its a mechanic who pays for his shop and lift etc and charges you some $40 plus for his time and your dentist ?

> Have a good day.

You too, what's going on here is so great because our debate is exactly where the new definitions have to be put into law.

Onkel Max

[text/html]