Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Feb 1999 21:47:57 -0800
From:         Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>
Subject:      Trip Report - Jack Maynard
Comments: To: WetWesties <wetwesties@onelist.com>,
          vintagebus@type2.com, Type 2 List <type2@type2.com>,
          Vanagon List <vanagon@vanagon.com>

I received a postcard from listmember Jack Maynard a couple of days ago. Jack and his bride Kelli are enjoying an extended tour of Baja and Mainland Mexico in Eugene the Green (a '66 converted hardtop Westy). He asked me to forward it to the "lists", so...

Jimbo,

Down here scouting locations for WetWesties trips. Lots of great camping & really not that terribly far away. I have signed up a few potential new listees for all four lists. Have seen several splits, nothing remarkable, a couple of bays including an Adventurewagen hi-roof style, '71 who's owners we camped with a few days on Bahia Conception. And tons of broke Vanagons!

The bus is running fantastic, the weather is very nice. We are currently camped about 60km north of Cabo in the mountains at a really cool ranch. The locals are wonderful people and would welcome a caravan of old buses. The beer is cheap & cold & dee-lish!

Please post this to all the lists!

Jack + Kelli