Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Feb 1999 13:11:17 -0500
From:         "Joe L." <jliasse@TOAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Key and Owners Manual
Comments: To: Joseph Seitz <jseitz@FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU>

I assume you have a Water Cooled Westy. As I understand it the first half of 83 was air cooled and the second half water cooled. (I have an 83.5 Water Cooled). The Bently is FAR superior to the Haynes and if you only get one get it. It's $90 or more but it is the cheapest $90 you will ever spend. The only trouble with the Bentley is that it is addressed to mechanics. It assumes you know something about things mechanical and sometimes you have to consult a second source to figure out what they are talking about. This is no more than a minor irritation though as all additional information needed to "translate" from mechaniceese to english can be had at the local library or here on the list. As a bonus your owners manual is IN the Bentley (along with everyone elses). The Haynes is set up pretty much like the other Haynes manuals you will find on other cars. Simple but covering less territory. For instance it has NOTHING about the camping gear installed in your Westy. Ref the keys there was a thread here concerning that a while ago. I seem to remember a few guys saying they were pretty much all the same. If so a call to the local RV place should confirm it one way or the other.