Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Mar 1999 03:45:54 -0800
From:         Ron Lussier <coyote@ANDROMEDIA.COM>
Subject:      Short report from London

Hi there!

I'm tooling around London this week, and naturally I'm keeping my eyes open for Vanagons and other interesting vehicles. The first cool car I spotted was a Fiat Amigo. It looks exactly like a Vanagon Westie, except it's 2/3 scale. Very cute. (I took a picture and will hopefully post it soon.)

I also saw a EuroVan flatbed pick-up. Very strange. It's a EuroVan double-cab with a VERY long autocarrier back. The back end is about 1.5 times the length of a normal EuroVan double-cab (I think there's a picture of one of these on my web site.)

I had only two other van spottings. The first VW van I saw here was a VW Vanagon panel van, apparently used by a housepainter. There were two huge ladders strapped to the roof. The second was a Vanagon high-top camper. (I didn't think to check the plates for country-of-origin.)

I'm having fun, but London is sooooo expensive. Everything costs about the same number of pounds as dollars, i.e., lunch is about £5-7.00. Unfortunately, the exchange rate is about 1.65 US$ per £. On the positive side, everything here is incredibly charming. It seems like every pub has a story about a historical figure who used to have affairs in their keg cellar or something. London is very multicultural, and everyone speaks with a british accent... africans, indians, japanese, which of course I think is very sexy.

We spent one night watching this show called "Blind Date", which is like "The Dating Game" but with a really nasty edge. After the two folks go on a date, they come back and get all nasty with one another. One woman was saying "I was all up for a snog, but he's a bit of a wet noodle." He was saying "She was so pushy and gobby. I could hardly breath, let alone talk." Nasty and fun to watch, sort of like when your neighbors have a brawl.

Coyote

-- /\_/\ ____ Ron 'Coyote' Lussier ( ) \ _/__ Andromedia, Inc. coyote@andromedia.com \ / \X / 818 Mission St. 1.415.365.6467 \_/ \/ San Francisco, CA 94103