Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Mar 1999 00:45:48 -0500
From:         Bob Stratton <rslist@SDII.COM>
Subject:      Re: List member sticker

Rob writes: > > I can quickly put ideas, and text into samples of the art, but I don't know > where to start. I like the idea of a silhouette or outline of a vanagon with > with some identifying text, web or e-mail address etc, in the center of the > vanagon outline or silhouette. This would be to the right or the normal vw > logo as seen in the scan of the picture of a sample. > > Anyone know the best, simplest way the list should be identified (in text)?

There was a spiffy "netvergnügen" list T-shirt design (for this list, IIRC) somewhere on the Web that might be a starting point, but I can't seem to locate it now.

The typeface was either MICR or one of the OCR fonts for the computer-esque look and the list address was at the bottom of the design.

I've been involved in several of these efforts for both mailing lists and news groups. The canonical convention is to use "net.x" or the name of the news group for newsgroups, and the mailing address of the list for mailing lists.