Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Mar 1999 12:48:48 -0600
From:         Robyn Rudisill <robyn.rudisill@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: pop top
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

once upon a time there was a vendor offering a cover that went over the pop top in the popped position. it was made of a pretty heavy duty canvas (a marine grade that i see on many boats). it looked like a great way to stay dry in the wet.

anyone remember? no i haven't looked at the archives, but i hear that they are great (ok, i have the jawbone of an ass).

At 01:01 PM 3/3/99 -0800, you wrote: >Hi Robert, > >I picked up a couple of cans of some spray-on water repellant treatment that >you should be able to find at any decent outdoors store or even your local >k/wal-mart in the sporting goods section near the tents. There are several >different brands available, just make sure you check the label to verify >that it is safe to use on canvas. It took two cans to cover the full >pop-top canvas with two coats. I think I paid about $5-7 a can. There was >a slight discoloration and smell that disappeared once the canvas had a >chance to dry and air out. I haven't really had a chance to test it out >properly yet since I haven't been camping in the rain since I put it on, but >I don't expect any problems since the stuff is made to restore water >repellancy to items such as tents. The canvas seemed to soak this stuff >right up and it didn't seem to change the "feel" of the canvas at all. > >Steve > >89 Westy > >> -----Original Message----- >> From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf >> Of Robert W. Kelly >> Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 1999 9:27 AM >> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >> Subject: pop top >> >> >> Hello everyone, I have a cust. (and would like to do it to my camper) >> that asked what to use on the canvas to treat it. Water repellent, >> sealer ? Is there a product that is recomended. Thank you >> Bob K. RWK Enterprises (ADC Automotive Placerville Ca.) >>