Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Mar 1999 14:28:35 EST
From:         KENWILFY@AOL.COM
Subject:      5-cylinder Update! (Automatics!)
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Well as you folks have heard the 5-cylinder kit has been successfully installed in fellow list member Mark Drillock's Syncro Camper (with no sacrifice of ground clearance) and this has been smogged in California. By going through this process with this van my partner has made a decision which I think is wise. We will now sell only two kits. One is an updated version of the Winkler kit from Germany. This is a bare bones kit and will sell for $1850 (does not include motor). The other kit is the full kit including rebuilt motor for $4500. The reason why we are doing it this way is simple. Instead of having to customize every kit to fit the particular motor that the customer is going to install (as far as emissions equipment, wiring harness, etc goes) we are going to set the kits up specifically for the rebuilt motor that comes with it. That way they are more standardized and less of a hassle to put together and also we can be sure that they will pass emissions. I am going to update my website to reflect this change soon. Also, we now have automatic transmission adapter plates and flywheels! This means that a bunch of folks that have been asking me about the conversion into thier autoboxers we now be happy. One final note. My partner (Detlev) is looking for a customer out near the Livermore, CA area that wants the 5-cylinder installed in their automatic Vanagon. He will give this customer a really good deal on the kit and doing the installation (since this would be our first into an automatic). I am also looking for a person to be the first person to do the conversion on the East Coast. If you wish to be the first on the East Coast then I will cut you a nice deal (cheaper than normal) on a kit. You will need to agree to allow other folks to come and see your van and maybe going to a show with me this summer with the van. I am also looking for some shops out here on the East Coast that would be willing to do the conversions. If you know of any please let me know. Thanks and sorry this letter was so long. Ken Wilford Van-Again John 3:16