Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Mar 1999 18:14:25 -0500
From:         Scott Walker <s_walker@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      diesel to gas swaps

Hello, Got the van yesterday and have started looking at it a bit harder. Sometime ago, it was converted from diesel power. Here's where it gets interesting. The code on the block is GX indicating an A2 low compression CIS motor, the intake manifold is A1, not sure about the throttle body, the exhaust is the stock diesel from manifold to muffler, and the injection system is really ugly hacked digifant. I've still got some looking to do to see what distributor it has and checks the codes on the head. I'm planning on completely re-doing the injection system with the only definite item being an early A1 dual outlet exhaust manifold for flow and the use of an O2 sensor. I just haven't decided whether it will get CIS or digifant power. CIS-E is out because the local u-pull it doesn't have any GTIs or GLIs. I like digifant because of the low pressure fuel lines and my access to some digifant stuff. I like CIS because I know it a bit better and because it responds to tuning better. I'm going to go back and re-read about swaps that have been done. What I'm looking for is opinions that anyone might have, one way or the other. TIA, Scott

'82 Westy (how does Frankenstein sound?)