Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Mar 1999 19:59:29 EST
From:         KENWILFY@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: Benefits of 15 " rims
Comments: To: vanagon@volkswagen.org

Perhaps the bigger front discs would be better than rear discs. I have all the part numbers for the rotors, calipers, etc. However I am not totally sure if it is that simple. I believe that the front wheel assembly is different also the tie rod ends are different too. So if you have to change out all of these parts the kit becomes pretty expensive. The good side would be defineatly the better stopping power, the bolt up, stock VW setup, and that you need to use 15" rims on any van that has the bigger brakes ( I am smiling). That is why the alloys I get from SA are all 15" because of the larger front brakes (and you all thought they were just trying to be cooler than us here in the US). :) If anyone is interested in making this kit happen please let me know. Ken Wilford Van-Again John 3:16