Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Mar 1999 01:52:21 EST
From:         Jim Davis <SyncroHead@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Syncro Safari, Yellowstone '99 - Who's Going?
Comments: To: SyncroSafari@onelist.com

Hi all,

We're starting to plan some more specifics on the Syncro Safari trip scheduled for June 20 - 26, 1999 near Yellowstone National Park.

I need to get a better idea of how many people plan to participate.

Please rate your expectation of attendance by sending return email to me (Syncrohead@aol.com) using the following scale if you think you may attend: 1=Might attend (6-25% chance) 2=Would like to attend (26-74% chance) 3=Would probably attend (75-94% chance) 4=Would definitely attend (95-100% chance)

If you have done this before, PLEASE DO IT AGAIN so that I can make sure you're counted.

One question I've been asked several times is: "Can I attend with my two- wheel-drive Vanagon?" The answer is Yes, and No. Yes, in that you can attend the event, camp with other Vanagon owners, socialize and sight-see. No, in that you can not go with the Syncros on the 4x4 trails.

The general plan is as follows: This year's Syncro Safari will be held in the areas in Montana & Wyoming near Yellowstone National Park (not actually inside Yellowstone). It will be during the week of June 20th (Sun) through June 26th (Sat).

We expect to spend about 3 days on mild-moderate off-road trails exploring, seeing beautiful scenery & wildlife, with one of these days in the Pryor National Wild Horse Reservation in Montana. We don't plan any hard-core crush-your-Vanagon stunts. We will camp at one or more locations depending on the itinerary developed. Days not off-road can be spent seeing many of the areas pavement accessible sites like parts of Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks. We will leave all these beautiful places just like we found them. What we bring in, we'll bring out. We won't be tearing up any terrain with our Syncros.

For more information on the NEW 1999 Syncro Safari see: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/jmdavi/Yell99.html"> http://members.aol.com/jmdavi/Yell99.html</A> As plans develop, more information will be added to this site.

For general Syncro Safari info take a look at: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/syncrohead/SyncroSafari.html"> http://members.aol.com/syncrohead/SyncroSafari.html</A>

We did a similar event last year around Moab, Utah, called the "Syncro Safari, Moab '98. The website for the Moab trip is at: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/syncrohead/Moab98.html"> http://members.aol.com/syncrohead/Moab98.html</A>

I've posted a few pictures of the 1998 Syncro Safari at: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/syncrohead/MoabVanagonPhotos.html"> http://members.aol.com/syncrohead/MoabVanagonPhotos.html</A>

If you'd like to discuss the Syncro Safari, Yellowstone '99 with fellow Syncronauts, I'd suggest that you subscribe to the SyncroSafari email list. To subscribe visit: <A HREF="http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/SyncroSafari"> http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/SyncroSafari</A> Right now the SyncroSafari email list has over 100 subscribers.

See you on the trail?

Regards, Jim Davis 87 GL Syncro 88 GL Wolfsburg