Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Mar 1999 20:10:26 -0500
From:         "Joe L." <jliasse@TOAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: valve lifter noise solution
Comments: To: jack <jack@HTONLINE.COM>

Not sure if this is related but I have used Fram filters ever since I can remember. No real preference; Fram is usually what is handiest and I had no reason NOT to use them. Anyhow, I had occasion to change the oil pressure sensor a couple of months back. When I installed the new sensor the oil light indicated low pressure. Back went the sensor for another one. I installed the second new one; same thing, an oil light. TWO IN A ROW!?!?! Oh well, back again for another one. The third new sensor did the trick. Up until I read these blurbs about Fram filters I just thought I ran into some bad luck; NOW though I am not so sure. Could be there is nothing wrong with the Fram filters but I am not inclined to bet my engine on it against the possibility of saving a few bucks.