Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Mar 1999 19:11:23 -0800
From:         "Willie T. Lafrades" <WillieLafrades@HOME.COM>
Subject:      still stumbling

Well I think I'm on to something. I headed home today and waited patiently for the van to "hiccup". I passed the dreaded 90 mile mark and no problems then at 136 miles the van started to act up. Again it didn't stumble but felt as if it had no power or gas then it would recover. It continued so I decided to pull over and reset the ECU. Turn the engine off then restarted and the problem did NOT reoccur the rest of the way.

So it must be the AFM problem. But why didn't my mod fix it? A list member did say that they had the same situation, install cap and did not fix, but installed the harness mod and the problems went away. I thought the harness fix was the cap, am I missing something? Others suggest the AFM or grounding it. I will do a resistance check tomorrow and see if there is fluctuations in the reading and ground it to the alternator.

I may go to Monterey (120 miles) this weekend so hopefully I can do some work this week and test it then. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks for all the feedback and bandwidth, Willie