Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Mar 1999 11:32:42 -0700
From:         Jason & Laura Cornfeld <vanagon@LGCY.COM>
Subject:      Engine Stuff Re-Post

Hey guys its me Jason... and well I have gotten my head Gasket kit

ordered.. and well it should be here by monday.. and I hope to put it in

some time this week.. and well I had my heads JB welded.. but I am

scared of one thing.. one of my cyl's.. it has a crack between the

valves.. will it be ok for a few months maybe 4 or so? and if not..

should I just take it in and have it welded or what? I want to do this

as CHEAP as possible as in a few months I plan on buying an engine

probably from Fast German Auto.. any comments on where to get my

engine? and how hard is it to get a 2.1 in there? I dont have to

change anything do I? sorry I am just trying to get as much input as

possible =) and I was considering putting a GTI Engine in from Euro

Sport? Anyone have that Web Page again?!? but its pricy.. 5k... bt

please any comments.. I wish my Van was a Westy.. and I would

trade someone with some cash.. =) as my Van is an 85 GL With A/C

Worked b4 I took the heads off and I presume still will =)its Silver. and

has stock tyre size.pretty clean and If I cant trade it for a westy 72 or

older... or 84 or newer.. I am just gonna trick it out =) so I figure a 2.1

is enough ? oh well I will stop wasting web Space.. but please any

comments would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you tonz!!! Jason 85 GL

Sorry about the previous post Guys!!