Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Mar 1999 19:50:01 -0600
From:         Tim Marciniak <tmarcini@MAIL.EXECPC.COM>
Subject:      Re: [vanagon] Another "Pro" tech nees help
Comments: To: Jim Arnott <jrasite@eoni.com>
Comments: cc: Vanagon List <vanagon@vanagon.com>,
          Temp_Vanagon <vanagon@onelist.com>

Jim,

Did you do a compression test? Eliminate possibility of leaky intake valve?

Tim Marciniak

At 12:45 PM -0800 3/11/99, Jim Arnott wrote: >From: Jim Arnott <jrasite@eoni.com> > >Another one from the international Automotive Technician's Network. Any >digifant experts want to take a stab at it? Please reply to Walter, not me! > >Jim Arnott >WetWesties >Union, OR > >1987 Volkswagen Vanagon 2.1 L > >Trans: Automatic >Mileage: 125,000 miles >VIN: WV2YB025XHH059786 >Fuel: EFI >Emissions: US Fed > >Symptoms: Excessive Emissions, Poor Idle Quality, > Hesitation, Stall, Poor Fuel Economy >Occurs: Always > >____________________________________________________________ > >I have changed the coolant sensor, O2 sensor, MAF with new >unit. I leaked tested all injectors, found all to be okay, >pulsated all injectors, 2 psi drop on all injectors, fuel >pressure regulator is not leaking, found no vacuum leaks, >changed ecu with known good unit out of another van and >both computers were same in my van and both worked good in >another van. This van is running extremely rich any ideas >would be greatly appreciated. > >Thank you > >PS Idle control does not seem to be working and Idle air by >pass motor was replaced with no change in idle quality. > > >Walter Leblanc >mailto:walter@flinet.com >Owner/Technician >Ahrens Auto Service >Boynton Beach, Florida, USA > >------------------------------------------------------------------------ >Have you visited our new web site? >http://www.onelist.com >Onelist: Helping to create Internet communities