Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Mar 1999 19:21:19 EST
From:         KENWILFY@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: Performance Exhaust for Vanagons (clarification)
Comments: To: shea@gtsdesign.com

OK let me clarify the clarification. The exhaust system I sell is made by S&S headers in Arizona, USA. I am a dealer for them and sell their stuff at a discount. The performance exhaust system for the Vanagon consists of a 4 to 1 header ($160) which attaches to your stock VW Vanagon Catalytic convertor. On the early 1.9l header there is a provision for the oxygen sensor in a similar location as the stock exhaust (the 2.1l oxygen sensor goes in the cat so there is no provision for it in the 2.1l header). You can then either bolt your stock Vanagon muffler and tail pipe up to your cat or you can get a "turbo" muffler that replaces the stock muffler and tailpipe ($120). So these pieces are totally interchangeable with the stock stuff. You can get the turbo muffler and bolt it to the stock exhaust system or get the performance header and bolt the stock cat and muffler up it to. These pieces come with the necessary gaskets and hardware for installation. No welding or anything like that is necessary, it is totally bolt up. The prices for the header and muffler are the same price for the 1.9l Vanagon, and the 2.1l (which includes the Syncro) $280. The parts come with a one year warranty. Specs are: 1 1/2" diameter steel pipes(16 gauge), with thick CNC plasma cut flanges. As for noise pollution, I am sure that the more freer flowing turbo muffler has a different sound than the stock muffler but it is below DOT standards for noise so it is not loud. I guess that answers all the questions I got so far. Sorry about the bandwidth. Ken Wilford Van-Again John 3:16