Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Mar 1999 12:32:42 -0500
From:         "Joe L." <jliasse@TOAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Interpreting Digitool Test Results?
Comments: To: yahi <yahi@OLYPEN.COM>

I have seen references to this "Digifant tool" from time to time. Did Darrell make a DigiJET counterpart? If so, where can one be had?

Hi All,

I am greatly indebted to Darrell for conceiving of Digitool. I too have become afflicted with "Digifant Syndrome" and have been both relieved to know others are experiencing the same symptoms i.e. unexpected engine hesitation but then frustrated that the diagnosis of our collective problems is so elusive.

Having recently installed the Digitool on my '87 Westy and hoping this would net a solution to the intermittent hesitation and running rich problems I was having, everything pretty much checked out per Digitool although I am not certain about the acceptable test voltage ranges.

I have tabulated these test results as follows:

All LED's indicate proper functioning of start, fuel pump, fuel injectors, throttle switch, and coil although it pulses dimly and occasionally goes out altogether. Ambient Temp = 40 F.

cold warm WOT idle idle

Temp 2 1.46v 0.18v 0.18v

AFM 1.74v 1.28v 2.35v

Temp 1 1.67v 1.29v 1.29v

OXS 0.43v 0.82v* 0.82v

*When hesitation occurrs oxs fluctuates rapidly (< 1 sec.) between 0 - 0.8v under load except at WOT (defaults to 0.82v) and sometimes hangs around 0v for 3-4 seconds during acceleration. When running ok fluctuations are less rapid (~1 sec.) and the range is reduced to between 0.2 - 0.8v. ECU pins 13 & 19 were checked for proper ground. OXS warm reads 0.54v when disconnected.

Nothing seems extraordinary other than 0.82v OXS reading seems a little high and AFM reading at WOT a little low. Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Thom '87 Syncro Westy