Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:17:22 -0500
From:         Paul Borghese <paul98@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Engine Stuff Re-Post
Comments: To: Jason & Laura Cornfeld <vanagon@LGCY.COM>

Hi Jason,

Take a look at AVP (1-800-548-5766) for your new engine. I recently purchased a engine from them and have been extremely pleased with their service. I can not speak highly enough about the service and telephone support they offered. In fact if you send your heads to them, they will tell you exactly what you need and how much it will cost to fix.

I first learned about AVP from my brother who had engine problems while on a trip in Texas. He called Ron at Bus Depot who referred him to AVP. They were extremely helpful with getting him up and running.

A couple of Months ago, I purchased an engine from AVP. I sent them my old engine for diagnosis. Because there were some brand new parts on the engine, they were able to reuse some of the parts and charge me a little less then the cost of a new engine. Because I was moving and traveling a great deal, delivery schedules became quite important. They took an active role in insuring the delivery company meet my delivery needs. Plus they spent a significant amount of time (easily 4+ hours total) with me over the phone explaining all of the intricacies of building an engine and how to install and tune the engine. I remember one conversation where I spent over an hour talking with one of their senior people about the roll the ridge between the cylinder and the head plays in the engine. In fact, give them a call and ask them the questions you asked in the e-mail. With me they spent a long time explaining my options before I even made my first purchase. This was very important to me since I never purchased an engine (without a new car attached to it :-), let alone installed one before. When I called Fast German Auto the sales person was not willing to spend the time talking with me about my options to the same degree as AVP. Of course it may have been that particular Fast German salesperson so as they say - your mileage may vary.

My experience with AVP has been very positive.

Best of luck with your Van,

Paul Borghese

-----Original Message----- From: Jason & Laura Cornfeld <vanagon@LGCY.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Monday, March 08, 1999 1:34 PM Subject: Engine Stuff Re-Post