Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Mar 1999 00:33:29 -0500
From:         John Dorn <jrdorn@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon models, power
Comments: To: Vantaztik@AOL.COM

Roger&Zoe Ann Banker wrote:

> In a message dated 3/16/99 7:48:29 PM Pacific Standard Time, > jrdorn@BELLSOUTH.NET writes:

snip

Your questions cover an awful lot of ground. In what part of the country will

> the van be used?

Mainly the midwest.

> What will you be using the van for?

Daily driving, long trips, as well as hauling around the other members of my brass quintet while we are on tour. Which is fairly often, about 25 to 30k miles per year.

> Are you getting air or water cooled?

Probably water, for heat and possibly air conditioning.

> What is your budget?

This is still under debate, but hopefully reasonable.

> Can you do some of your own repairs?

Yes, I have done quite a bit of my own work.

> The basic body is the same for all years, but there are equipment differences, > and > lots of camper options.

I think I might be interested in a weekender so I can haul a bunch of people but then my wife and I can also get out for quick trips.

> You will find lots of different opinions on power options. I am leaning > towards the Audi 5 cylinder to get both more power and better reliability,

One of my current vehicles is a Quantum Syncro with a 5 cylinder, so I have a little bit of experience there.

Thanks for your response and sorry I wasn't more specific with my initial post. John