Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Mar 1999 00:33:36 -0500
From:         The Bus Depot <ron@NETCARRIER.COM>
Subject:      Re: K&N air filters [vs. Syncro filter]

> The Syncro Heavy duty filter has pleats of filter paper > about1.375 inches wide as opposed to the K&N‘s 1 inch. > Also there are about 3 pleats per inch on the K&N and > about 7 pleats per inch on the Syncro HD filter. > So, I think that the K&N probably has better air flow, > but I would bet that the Syncro HD filter filters better > than the K&N. And maybe even has more flow due to > more surface area.

The Heavy Duty syncro filter that Raul is referring to is the one that I am blowing out for $16.95. It actually fits standard 2wd Vanagons as well, from '86-on. This is the same genuine VW filter that sells the Dealer sells for about $130. It is one serious air filter. When you get one you'll see what I mean, although Raul described it pretty well. I have sold a lot of them, but frankly this is such a good filter for so little money that everybody who owns an '86 or newer Vanagon would be crazy not to stock up on one or two of them while they're still available. These probably originally cost more to manufacture than the $16.95 I'm selling them for. They're on the Bargains page of the website.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot http://www.busdepot.com