Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Mar 1999 22:51:25 -0800
From:         Steve <Steve@SCHWENK-LAW.COM>
Subject:      Re: Subject: 86 Vanagon intermittently shuts off at speed
Comments: To: Hammerdorfer <carlh@LAMAR.COLOSTATE.EDU>

I reccomend (1) use either the wire harness or capicitor fix on the cable to the air flow meter, (2) new O2 sensor, (3) new coolant temp sensor, (4) check the AFM swipe arm and track for wear, dirt and contact...re-align if necessary due to wear. 1-3 shoulkd be done in one shot. Then No. 4 if that does not work. Fuel filter can also produce similar symptoms. bad grounds a possibility too if 1-4 fail to fix it. bad component or solder connection in ECU may be a possibility if none of the above. steve