Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Mar 1999 16:13:23 EST
From:         Detlev Hanschke <DeHanschke@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Crasy 2.6 l 5 Cyl. Vanagon / describtion of the deal
Comments: To: robyn.rudisill@home.com

Hello Robyn ,

<< You are really pushing my buttons with this engine! It's sounds absolutely amazing. After spending the weekend slowing to 50 to go up hills in Nebraska, I would love it. Ok I've only a 2.2 l with a OE German upgradet camshaft. I think we talk about 135 hp and this engine take of like crasy. Yesterday we had to make a trip over a Pass with 1500 feet evelation. I drove the Vanagon the whole time with around 80 miles/hour even on the steep hill we didn't slow down,I only had to push the gas padal a little bit more .With this speed we had 21 miles /gallon and the engine is not broken in.

The 2.6 l is a long strocker with more torque in the lower end and in the set up what I offer with something around 150 hp. An smal upgrade with an different camshat will bring 160+ hp.(To much you never need it). I wouldt love to have some ,but it makes no sence because I have our own Vanagon as an demonstrater and I don't know how long this offer is valid. So if I have an engine like this in my demonstrater but have to tell the customer I'm sorry but this engine cost now US$ 5000 because I have to built it .That make no sence,so I stay with the 2.2 upgrade.

I am making a couple of assumptions here: includes power steering includes ac This is absolutly no problem because every thing comes with the donor car. You will need an Audi 5000 N/A .Here in the Bay area you will find a Audi for US$800 but I think there where you live it will be cheaper.You can take any junker or any damageCar as long the Engine runns. THE DEAL INCLUDES EVERY THING EXEPT THE DONOR----- I NEED THE ORDER , 50 % DOWN(US$3750) , THE VANAGON , AND THE DONOR . AFTER APPRX. 4 WEEKS YOU CAN PICK UP THE MEAN VANAGON AND PAY ONLY FINAL US$ 3750.

This offer is limited ,there are only a few engines and I sacriffy a part of my labor. I like to have people to get the 5 Cyl. kit and report about it.

Sincerely Dtelev Vanagon Projekt Call : 925 606 8797 Fax : 925 447 5944