Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Mar 1999 16:22:32 +1000
From:         Raymond Hunnam <hunnam@PNC.COM.AU>
Subject:      Re: Oettinger Prepped Vanagon from German Car Mag
Comments: To: Helmut Zeidler <Helmut_Zeidler@NOTESMAIL.NOKIA.COM>

Hi Helmet and all.

I could be wrong but here goes.

Back some time ago VW were supporting the Porsche Racing Team and provided a van to carry all their spares etc. Well you can imagine that the official Porsche Racing Team back up unit needed a little bit more umph that what the air cooled bus could provide so they fitted a Porsche engine into the Van.

This work could quite easily have been carried out under the direction of Mr Oettinger who was heavily involved in VW and Porsche since the late 40"s.

As I said I cannot veify this with hard facts. I remember reading it somewhere

Ray Hunnam

-----Original Message----- From: Helmut Zeidler <Helmut_Zeidler@NOTESMAIL.NOKIA.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Monday, 15 March 1999 6:59 Subject: Re: Oettinger Prepped Vanagon from German Car Mag