Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:13:45 -0500
From:         The Bus Depot <ron@NETCARRIER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Cooling system part numbers
Comments: cc: Donald Baxter <dab1@JHK.COM>

> I need to know the part numbers for two cooling system parts for my 1985 > Vanagon

I now have cooling system diagrams on my website, for all vanagons except diesel. These diagrams list not just hose part numbers, but the pipes, t-adaptors, housings, etc. as well. I have not linked them off of the main site yet because I haven't worked out pricing for the complete hose packages that are mentioned on the page. But you can still get to them in the meantime by going directly to the url for the particular page. For a 1.9 liter it's http://www.busdepot.com/water19.htm , for a 2.1 it's http://www.busdepot.com/water21.htm, and for a Syncro it's http://www.busdepot.com/watersyncro.htm.

Presently I can get about 25% of the hoses, etc. from direct importers (primarily the smaller hoses), which puts them at maybe 30-50% off the dealer's price. The remainder I have to get from Volkswagen, which limits the discount to about 10% off the dealer retail (and takes about a week). The reason I haven't lto these diagrams from the main page yet is that I am still working on seeking alternative sources, hoping to be able to get more like 50% of them from direct importers. Once I research this, I will also work out a package price for a complete "re-hose" kit as well. Meanwhile, you can order by individual part number. Most of the prices are on the website database (based on what pricing I have been able to obtain so far), or you can email or call for pricing on those that aren't. Best case you'll save about 50%, worst case at least 10% off list.

By the way, also on the site but not mentioned on the main page are exhaust diagrams for aircooled and gasoline watercooled Vanagons. You can go to http://www.busdepot.com/exhaust.htm, and at the bottom of the page you'll find those links.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot http://www.busdepot.com