Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:24:54 -0800
From:         Rubatoguy <Rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: How to lower a Westy?
Comments: To: kevinm@RED.PRIMEXTECH.COM

I got my springs, and had them installed at the Volks Cafe' in Santa Cruz. I sat on the beach, they installed the springs. The springs were $399. I'd email or call Kyle for the current pricing. 408-426-1244

The springs are, to be honest, a bit too stiff in the front for me. I have KYB shocks which I think exasperates the stiffness. The springs also give a slight forward rake - again made worse by the KYB shocks since the rear are gas and the front are not. The good news is that the result looks cool, I can fit under garage doors, and it handles like it is on rails. But if you go over lots of potholes or bad roads you will be looking for a kidney belt. (okay - slight exaggeration). The ride is STIFF.

IMHO, if I were to do this again, I'd make sure to use BILSTEIN shocks - to balance the stiffer springs. If they had about a 20% softer rate and about .5" more height in the front, they would be perfect.

Todd '88 Westy