Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:11:53 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Differences between manual/auto trans. equipped engines?
Comments: To: CARY CHIANG <chiang1@USA.NET>

Cary,

I've done that! No real differences except, as you point out, the flywheel. Theonly other thing is the pilot bearing, which you may not have on the auto tranny engine. Actually, the engine I used had one - kind of a bonus.

Karl Wolz

-----Original Message----- From: CARY CHIANG <chiang1@USA.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Thursday, March 25, 1999 1:41 PM Subject: Differences between manual/auto trans. equipped engines?

Dear Listees: I was wondering if there were any differences in engines on 1985 vanagons between manual and automatic transmission equipped vehicles other than the flywheel. I am considering swapping an auto trans equipped engine into a manual trans equipped vanagon (same year) and was concerned about compatibility and parts required. Please respond to me at "chiang1@usa.net" . TIA!!

Cary

____________________________________________________________________ Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1