Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Mar 1999 23:46:02 -0800
From:         Steve <Steve@SCHWENK-LAW.COM>
Subject:      Re: Brake cleaner, tire treads, and organics
Comments: To: "Robert A. Alexander" <satcong@VOL.COM>,
          "vanagon@vanagon.com" <vanagon@vanagon.com>

Bob, you have a distinct bias against people who express opinions favoring environmental protections of any kind. Is it the party line aspect of it...or the gov. control...or the limiting of individual liberty...or just the image of tree-hugging enviro flakes blabbing as religion stuff they know nothing about? i can't imagine that you are not an environmentalist, based on what i know about you. i define it simply as senseless destruction of environmental resources. You favor senseless destruction of environmental resources? didn't think so... steve www.MyBus.com

"Robert A. Alexander" wrote:

> Tom - Good observation. Of course, most of it has a great affinity for > the asphalt, especially in really hot weather, other fractions are > responsible for the "detergent like" action upon the first rain > (responsible for the extreme slickness of asphalt just after the rain, > huh?) and a very SMALL fraction makes it into the grounds bordering the > highway! Some tree-huggers would have you believe that streams near the > highways are ankle-deep in scrubbed off tire material. Go figure? > > I remember, back in the 70s when I was in veterinary school, being > exposed to "expert" studies, most, I think, were German, where they cut > hay raised in the medians/sides of the highways and fed them to cattle, > UNTIL the cattle were shown to be experiencing lead poisoning from the > contaminated grass! Jeez, this was some really RAD stuff! Chlorinated > hydrocarbons might be found on the medians/sides of highways??? God, > that's ALMOST as RAD as the idea that one might find soil in old gas > station lots "contaminated" with chlorinated hydrocarbons, huh??? > > BOB - WA4RRN > '85GL - "Bourgeois" > http://www.hydrocarbon'sorganic.org

[text/html]