Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:14:44 -0800
From:         "frank n. furter" <wasserbox@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: rear air vents for Westfalias? Possible to install?

Actually, the pop-top skylight arms aren't designed to take the pressure of high-way speed travel... those flimsy little arms have a tendency to bend & break & the plastic castors will snap if you do it too much....

My .02

--- Mike <mayfly95@PAONLINE.COM> wrote: > In the meantime I'm wondering if driving with the > pop-top skylight open > on the > Westy solves some of the wind-sock/ inefficient air > circualtion effect. > If > those with the skylight would please comment?? > > Yes, dramatically. > > My Westy doesn't have the skylight. But if it'll > improve air flow I'd > consider > installing one. It must also be cool to see the stars > from the upstairs > bedroom. > > It doesn't suck. > > > I am actually considering a second skylight for just > that purpose. > > > Mike > 87 westy > > Jeffrey R wrote: > > > > In a message dated 99-03-29 14:36:53 EST, you > write: > > > > > Can someone tell me how these vents in later > models function and if you > > > > Phillip-- > > > > I believe the vents you speak of in the rear > windows are filled with foam and > > designed to let the immediate pressure out ot the > bus when the door is slammed > > with all the windows closed. I do not think they > serve any (or at least very > > little) air flow function. > > > > My sister's van called Quest has kick out rear side > windows that are > > electrically controlled from the driver's seat. > This set up on the Vanagon > > would be great--especially Westy where the driver's > side rear side window > > would be unaccessable (of course the curtain would > constantly get caught). > > However I'm pretty sure no one offers such and > accessory. > > > > In the meantime I'm wondering if driving with the > pop-top skylight open on the > > Westy solves some of the wind-sock/ inefficient air > circualtion effect. If > > those with the skylight would please comment?? > > > > My Westy doesn't have the skylight. But if it'll > improve air flow I'd consider > > installing one. It must also be cool to see the > stars from the upstairs > > bedroom. > > > > Jeff > > 83.5 Westy > > NYC (where the only stars are the ones on > celluloid, and pretty dull at that) >

=== Mark

87 Westfalia Gl 84 Scirocco 8v

http://members.tripod.com/~jehanno