Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:49:51 -0600
From:         Robyn Rudisill <robyn.rudisill@HOME.COM>
Subject:      heat shielding and wires near radiator

Vaganons (what'd you call me?),

I am getting ready to string the wiring for my aux/fog lights and have some questions. There is a factory installed hole (sealed with a solid rubber grommet) in the fire wall just behind the radiator on the drivers side. First, anyone know what that hole was for?

I'd like to use that hole, but find myself a bit concerned about heat in that general area. The harness that came with my kits have 16 or 18 gage wires, which will create a tight fit for eight wires, but I think they'll all fit through. Anyone know of tubular heat shields that could protect the wires? How susceptible is normal auto-grade 18 gage wire is to heat?

Any wire running advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time; robyn