Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Mar 1999 16:15:37 -0500
From:         Maureen Stretch <mstretch@SPRINTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      91 Vanagon GL Westy FS,  most add-on accessories sold.

Thought I'd update the list. The Westy (described below) is still for sale, but the 4-5 person tent, the Carver Propex P4 heater and the VWCanvas canvas awning have sold.

I took the Westy in today for its regular oil change and checkup. I told the people at the dealership where I take it that it is for sale. (The mechanic who works on Vanagons there owns one himself and has done right by mine.)

When I went to pick it up this afternoon, the mechanic had made me an offer to buy it. It wasn't close enough to my price range, but I thought that bode well for its condition.

It just got listed in my local Wantadvertiser this week. I hope to sell it soon, so I can get the used motorhome the broken shoulder now requires. For those still interested, here are the details:

91 Vanagon GL Westfalia Camper, 110,000 original miles. In near-mint condition. Flash Silver Metallic. Stove, sink, refrig. work fine. Auto trans. PS, PB, PW, A/C, pop-top roof and upper bunk, rear seat opens into bed. Has new Catalina A& E awning fixed to rain gutter- - no holes in body. Runs & looks great. Had new struts for rear hatch installed, oil changed every 3000 mi., regular maintenance, no rust (spent its first 6 years in Georgia, then only 2 mild winters here in New England). Bentley manual, owner's manual included. Has all curtains and equipment. Rear table does screw on properly (I hadn't figured it out) All in great condition. Asking $15,600. Live in Natick Ma, about 17 miles west of Boston. RSVP if interested.

Hate to sell, but physical therapist and doctor agree that with broken shoulder I probably won't be able to lift the pop-top roof for a year or more, if then. Grr. However, I am making progress with the shoulder, so there is a bright side.

Maureen Stretch Natick, Mass. 91 Vanagon GL Westy "Johann"