Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Mar 1999 20:00:37 PST
From:         Timothy Gardner <caninewolf@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mom to travel across U.S.: advice?
Comments: To: Karibel@AOL.COM

Hello,

I say its awsome your going with your daughters...go you...more women need to be like you=) I've been across our country twice and its a great thing to do=) Hmm in the idea of oil changes I would say not to do it every 2k..maybe every 4k. Remember your doing more steady driving which I do not think is as bad as city driving. BE VERY CARFUL IF YOU DO NOT CHANGE YOUR OWN OIL!!! MANY SHOPS DO NOT UNDERSTAND VW'S! THEY WILL BREAK SOMETHING TRYING TO PUT YOUR OIL IN OR CHANGE YOUR OIL FILTER. Hmm other than that bring some extra hose clamps, road atlas(gosha is good), jumper cables, extra fluids and a whole lotta fun. AAA is a great thing but unless you have a cell phone you may not get a hold of them so remember you may have to be towed by a non-AAA person but AAA will pay you back...I've been there and done that..they are very good about it=)

Go with the idea that whatever happens is more of the adventure and you'll have a great time.

Tim G own: 84 wolfsburg(222k body(66k engine)) 77 toyota chinook(for sale 2900/obo)(92k)

ex: 87 gl syncro(blew tranny at 181k)~Alaska~ 84 ford ranger 87 dodge colt