Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Mar 1999 20:16:20 PST
From:         Timothy Gardner <caninewolf@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mom to travel across U.S.: advice? 2nd thought
Comments: To: Steve@SCHWENK-LAW.COM

Ok my second response to all this,

I am also the type to take a few chances...and prob didnt travel as well prepared as I should but I had great times to never take back! The VW is the only way to see our country good...lots of windows and viewability=) So as I said I am not always prepared but to my best I am and that usually means something will break..I've met a bunch of mechanics and never been screwed over! I have met the coolest, nicest and best people...they all understood my van and I owned a syncro!!! None of the problems they fixed ever broke angain and some of these people hardly worked on VW's before but were just good. Now this could be due to me being male but im not all that intimidating or the type that no one would screw over. I was 18 on my first trip and 19 on the second...I usually would be screwed over...I have this feeling that many people talk too much about the handful of bad mechanics who screw over people. One thing I would say is that VW DEALERS are BAD...many do not understand the Vanagon because they have not worked on them in sooo long..some try to open the front of your van!

Ok now a thing to sign up for is LIMBO(Late Model Bus Organization) they give you a book of numbers to call in each state. These people will give you #'s of VW shops to help you in the area. A good book=)

Happy travels Tim G 84 wolfsburg(222k body(66k engine))