Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Apr 1999 20:32:25 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <ron@NETCARRIER.COM>
Subject:      Website problem?
Comments: To: Type 2 List <type2@type2.com>

Several people have complained over the last day or so that Bus Depot website was having problems with the shopping cart etc. Our website administrator has been unable to duplicate the problems, but did make some minor changes that he thinks might have "fixed" things. I'm a little worried though because he doesn't think anything was wrong before, yet a dozen emails from customers tell me differently. So now he says the "nonexistent" problem is fixed. Do I believe him?

If anyone out there is completely bored and has nothing to do for about five minutes, you could help me out by surfing my site briefly and letting me know if the parts listings and shopping cart give you any error messages, time outs, or whatever. Really, this is not a lame attempt to sell parts. You don't have to actually order anything, just start the process and see if it lets you, then close your browser if you want to before you enter any customer information. I just want to see if a few people using different browsers can get through the pages and shopping cart okay. If you do find out that it doesn't work, if you could drop me an email (busdepot@email.com) I'd really appreciate it. Please be very specific about what page or function didn't work. By the way, the site requires that "cookies" be enabled on your browser in order for the shopping cart to work, so if you have set your browser not to accept them, the shopping cart definately won't work. The website administrator is leaving for vacation on Friday, so I'm a little anxious about an unknown problem not being identified before he leaves.

Thanks for your help!

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot http://www.busdepot.com