Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Apr 1999 22:09:04 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@ROADRUNNER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Virginia To Arizona
Comments: To: "Seth C. Bruggeman" <scbrug@MAIL.WM.EDU>

-- [ From: John Rodgers * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Just made the trip to New Mexico a couple of weeks ago. Drove from Birmingham Alabama, to Memphis and there got onto I-40 whick will take you all the way to Albuquerque then to Phoenix, Az, and points beyond.

I-40 is rough, especially in Arkansas. Stay in the inside or left lane. There is heavy truck traffic and the will overtake you and pass in the left lane. You drive in the left lane and just let them come on. Smoother that way.

On the west side of Amarillo you will encounter a foul stench that wil take your breath. Be prepared. It is a stockyard. The odor drifts out over the highway, and provides a breathtaking event.

Other than that, its a good drive. Not much to see on the way\ until you get into central and western NM. Then the scenery changes and becomes interesting.

Good luck on your journey.

John Rodgers '88 GL Driver in Espanola, NM -------- REPLY, Original message follows --------