Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Apr 1999 01:06:44 +0200
From:         Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO>
Subject:      Re: ALL AMERICAN MOVIE!

Michael Sullivan wrote:

> When I was in Sweden 20 years ago practically all the kids were dressed like James Dean and the coolest thing was to have a jacked-up 67 Camero or Mustang or better yet, GTO. Methinks they are VERY familiar with American "big iron" over there! Perhaps the Norwegians are different? (certainly they are taller!) > > Cheers, > MJS

Well, as I wasn't too old 20 years ago (just 5 winters), I really cant tell what was the style back then. Nowadays, there are two styles of cars kids drive around, basically. 1st, many drive around in family sedans, mostly late 80s. These are the kind of kids that live in their cars, and can be seen cruising around town at all hours. 2nd, there are the kind that believe they are rich. They loan money from the bank and drive around in BMWs, MBs or Audis, 95-up, preferably black. One common thing about these two categories are a BIG stereo. Now, I am not the right person to complain about big stereo systems, as I have more speakers in my Vanagon than most of these guys would ever imagine. The V8 iron stuff are not a very big thing here. Steep import prices kept most of the american cars out of the Norwegian market, and still do. In addition, Deeetroit turning the back on the V8 isn't helping either. One of the most common V8 sleighs here is the Suburban, it is very popular here, both new and used. Most of them are diesels. Other than that, its Blazers (K5), old Malibu Wagons, Caprice Wagons, and occasionally some Chrysler or Ford of same category or an old Corvette, Camaro or Mustang.

Oh, the movie? I wanna find a company that can send it COD, as I don't have a credit card, and don't want to get a credit card just because of this. I also believe I have a lead on a different Norwegian title for the movie. The search continues.....

PerL 88 Syncro Arendal, Norway