Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:52:30 -0700
From:         "M.R. Nimmo" <mrnimmo@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      F/ Vanagon FS
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

After months of frustrating searching, I have decided to sell a VW rather than buy one. So after a short trip to my local boneyard, I proudly present the following vanagon for you:

1980-something vanagon. Three tires, but I can run by Poor Boys and help you buy a fourth. Interior ripped in a few places. One seat missing. Some camping stuff there, but I don't know if it works. Nobody uses that stuff anyway. Canvas ripped and the bed is missing.

Some rust, especially on the seams, under the hookups, and on the fenders. Shouldn't be that hard to fix. None of the rust holes are bigger than two or three fingerwidths. Also, some stupid previous on backed into several things. The front right fender is smashed as is both rears. No rear bumper. This should be easy to fix.

About 180k miles, just a guess cause there no speedometer.

Engine is fine, small oil and coolant leak. One cylinder dead, but its been that way for a while and has not changed. It probably just needs a tuneup.

Tranny is fine, but a little noisy. Occasionally pops out of fourth gear, but I have a bungy to fix that.

Real deal at $3500. My sister from Oregon says they're over $5000 out there. I may go down to around $2500.