Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Apr 1999 13:40:24 -0400
From:         Paul Borghese <paul98@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: R-134A retrofit (JC WHIPME content)
Comments: To: KENWILFY@AOL.COM

Can someone go into a little more detail as to what is involved with changing the o-rings, flushing the lines and compressor oil, and changing the drier. Is it easy/hard? Can be done in an afternoon?

In the archives, someone said we would need to change the lines because they are the wrong type and will leak. True?

Also in the archives someone said that the shop should extract the old R-12 for free because they are getting a free supply of R-12. When I went to Pep-Boys they told me it would cost $50.00. Do shops still do it for free? Is it unreasonable to pay $50.00? In fact, they said the $50.00 is just to hookup the equipment. If I need a charge I would only need to pay for the freon after the $50 hookup charge.

Thanks,

Paul Borghese

-----Original Message----- From: KENWILFY@AOL.COM <KENWILFY@AOL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Friday, April 09, 1999 8:28 AM Subject: Re: R-134A retrofit (JC WHIPME content)